Monday, January 13, 2014

Let It Snow Winter Challenge; Stripes!

 Hi y'all! I have some fun nautical stripes for you today for the Let It Snow Challenge. The theme for the day was stripes and I've been wanting to do some nautical nail art so it was the perfect excuse to do it finally. 
 I started out with a base color of Sinful Colors Rain Storm for the dark blue, then I used white acrylic paint and a striping brush to make the stripes and the shape of the anchor. 
I then went over the white anchor with LA Colors in Deluxe to get the gold and added a dot at the top with a dotting tool, then used Rain Storm again to make a smaller dot inside the gold one. I was pretty excited with how these turned out. 

Be sure to check out the rest of the challenge themes and all the other ladies stripe manis below! And let me know what you think in the comments!






4 comments:

  1. What a cute nautical manicure! Love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so cute, the anchor looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love nautical anything! (www.blushandbeakers.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute. I think I may try this since i have similar colors in my stash

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment on the posts below. But lets all play nice together. Don't be rude or hateful towards other commenters or the comments will be deleted. Also try to stay away from leaving links in the comments. If there's something you'd like me to see that relates to the post, then feel free, but don't leave a link to your blog just to advertise.