Thursday, October 31, 2013

Frankenstein Nail Art + Pictorial

Happy Halloween!
Hi Y'all! It's finally Halloween! I'm sooo excited. I wish more people would be more excited about Halloween with me, It's the only holiday that matters if you as me. Today I have some cute little frankenstein nails for you all! They're such cute little green guys! I'm kinda sad this will be my last spooky/cute/gory Halloween look for this year! But I do have a tutorial to share with you all below!

So first off, we're gonna grab all out supplies. For this look I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Green With Envy for the base color, then I used black and white acrylic paints for the details. To make the details I used a small paint brush, a dotting tool, and a tooth pick. Now lets get started learning how to recreate this look!

1) Take your paint brush and black paint (or nail polish, either works, I just prefer the paint myself.) and outline around the cuticle about 1/4 of the way down the nail, the shorter your nails are, the less room you want to take up with this by the way. Once the cuticle is outlines, bring down little points all the way across and then fill it in!

2) Once his hair is there, take a large dotting tool, and your black paint again, (or polish) and make two large dots, these will be his eyes.

3) While you're waiting for his eyes to dry a little bit, take your paint brush again and make his mouth. For mine I used a diagonal line and then they smaller lines crossing it to make stitches. You can do your mouth straight across if you'd like, I just liked the way it looked diagonally better personally.

4) Once the mouth is done and the eyes have dried most of the way, if not all the way, take a tooth pick, dip it into white acrylic paint (Or polish, again, which ever you prefer, they'll both work) and make a tiny little dot in the corner of each eye to give the eyes a bit of a shine.

5) Make sure your design is dry enough it won't smear (or crack, acrylic paint rarely smears, but it will crack if it's not dry enough, in my experience) and then add your favorite top coat to smooth it all out and seal it in! And you're done! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow I think this manicure looks just amazing!
    I love the colors that you used to create this design and I look forward to read your next post!

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment on the posts below. But lets all play nice together. Don't be rude or hateful towards other commenters or the comments will be deleted. Also try to stay away from leaving links in the comments. If there's something you'd like me to see that relates to the post, then feel free, but don't leave a link to your blog just to advertise.