Monday, December 23, 2013

Let It Snow Winter Challenge; Christmas!

 Hi y'all! Today I have another Let It Snow challenge mani for you all! The theme for the day is Christmas, and you can definitely interpret that theme however you want, Christmas trees, lights, presents, anything you want related to the holiday works for the theme. For me, I went with something a little different than what most other will probably do, Grinch nails! 

I looove Dr. Seuss, but I'm not really a Christmas fan. No really, we could skip the holiday all together along with the entire winter season and I would be just fine. BUT I do love the Grinch, mostly for it's story more than the relation to Christmas. But all of Dr. Seuss's stories are the same. They have a certain message in them and I just love them all. 

ANYWAYS. For these nails I started with a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Breezy Blue and all the rest of the details are done with acrylic paint. I did the Grinch face on my ring finger with his Santa suit and a Christmas tree on the middle finger, and the other's i just did strings of lights. I was really super happy with how these turned out. Just ignore the messyness around the sides of the index finger, I went to open my bottle of white acrylic paint and got a big glop of it on my finger, and in my hurry to wipe it off my nail before it dried, it just smeared everywhere else and turned into a huge mess and I thought I had all of it off til I was editing pictures.  

Let me know in the comments below what you think of this mani, and be sure to check out the themes for the rest of the challenge, along with the other ladies Christmas manis. 







4 comments:

  1. Great job on the design! It looks lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dr. Seuss too :) I think these turned out quite marvelous! Thanks for sharing them in the Best Of: Nail Art link party, I'm so happy to have you!

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment on the posts below. But lets all play nice together. Don't be rude or hateful towards other commenters or the comments will be deleted. Also try to stay away from leaving links in the comments. If there's something you'd like me to see that relates to the post, then feel free, but don't leave a link to your blog just to advertise.