Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lacquered Bliss Polish Review

 Hi y'all! I have a review for you all today over Lacquered Bliss Polish. Lara was super awesome and let me into her focus group where we help her tweak and test her polishes until they're just right before release, and she liked my swatches of her two test polishes so much she asked me to be a regular swatcher for her. I was super excited about that, I've never had anyone tell me they like my swatches that much, so that had definitely made my day, big time. This is my first set of polishes from Lara, a Batman Inspired Collection that one of her students was inspired to help her create. I really loved all of these colors so much, and I'm looking forward to her feature releases and swatching them for her! Now, on to the swatches. 



Adam West bottle shot

 Adam West is listed on her shop as silver, but to me it looks more like a light gray with some shimmer to it. It also has small blue and gold glitters, and it also appears to have a tiny bit of scattered holo glitter in it, but it could be the way the gold and shimmeryness are reflecting off each other. Whatever it is, this is a super pretty polish, I love the color and the glitter combinations so much. This one needed three coats to be sure there was no nail line visable, but it applied smooth and easy and the dry time on it is fast. So, this is three coats of Adam West with no top coat. 

Break The Bat bottle shot

 Break The Bat is a black jelly like polish and it has white square glitters and red bar glitters and is inspired by the character of Bane. I to be fair, am not a big batman, or superhero in general, fan, so I know nothing about the characters or how well the polishes represent them, so I'll leave that judgement to those of you that do know. I think the black is a little too thick/dark for the glitters in it as it pretty much covered them completely. If it was a tiny bit more transparent it'd be perfect, but I do really like this and the idea of it! It applied easier and only took two easy coats. It dried super shiny as well. This is two coats with no top coat. 


Criminally Insane bottle shot

 Criminally Insane is a dusty dark tealish green with purple glitters. It's also shimmery and in certain lights and angles the shimmer appears to have a purple color to it. This color is inspired by the character of The Joker, and this being the one batman character that I do know, I think this polish is the perfect polish to represent The Joker. I really really loved this color, it was probably my favorite of the collection. This applied easily, smooth and even and only took two coats. Dry time on it was awesome. This is just two coats with no top coat. 

PhD Crazy bottle shot

 PhD Crazy is a red shimmery polish with black diamond glitters in it. The red isn't a true red though, it's like a brick red sort of, but not quite as dark, if that makes sense. I'm not really sure how to describe it. This polish is based on the Harley Quinn character, and again, I'll let those of you that know bat man be the judge of whether it's fitting or not. This one applied easy, smooth and even. The only trouble I had was the glitters and getting them on the nail, but it wasn't too bad, as with most larger glitters it took a little effort to place them on the nail and get them to stick. This is two coats shown with no top coat. 


Toxicodendron Radicans bottle shot

Toxicodendron Radicans is a light minty green base with whats listed in the Lacquered Bliss show as light green and orange glitters, but to me looks more like yellow and orange glitters. This polish is based off the character of Poison Ivy. I really love the color of this one and the combination of glitter colors, it was probably my second favorite of the five. It's also a shimmer polish. It went on easily, I had a bit of brush trouble to start with so it looks a little uneven in the swatch, but other than that problem it was easy to apply once I fixed the brush problem. This is two coats shown with one coat of Seche Vite, mostly just to smooth out the unevenness the brush issue caused. 


These were over all some pretty awesome polishes and I would definitely recommend buying from them. I loved all of these colors, (Even the red although red just doesn't agree with me ;) ) and the glitter combinations in most of them are just amaaazing and I love them. 

If you'd like to buy any of them, the Batman polishes are up on her etsy shop now, along with several other single polishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment on the posts below. But lets all play nice together. Don't be rude or hateful towards other commenters or the comments will be deleted. Also try to stay away from leaving links in the comments. If there's something you'd like me to see that relates to the post, then feel free, but don't leave a link to your blog just to advertise.