Saturday, October 12, 2013

Spider web + Zebra nail art!

Hi y'all! We have some more.. some what Halloween nail art for you today! I really wanted to do some Zebra print nail art, so I did both. 

For the gradient, I started with a base of two coats of white and let it dry. For the actual gradient, I used LA Colors Spat!, Scream, and Wisteria. I painted them onto a make up sponge and made my gradient. When that was dry I used white Acrylic paint and a small paint brush to paint on the details. I topped it with a coat of KiloX Lacquers Opulent Top Coat to add some sparkle and then top coated! I really love how these came out! 

Oh and look! I have a Pictorial to share with you as well today! I'll show you how to do the spider web design! 

I guess the first step would actually be, to gather your materials needed. I used LA Colors Spat!, Wisteria, and Scream, along with wet n wild A Blank canvas, and white acrylic paint. Also a small paint brush, and a make up sponge. If you need to know how to do a gradient, my pictorial for that is here


Also, don't forget you're favorite base coat to help prevent staining your nails, and help your mani last longer, along with your favorite top coat. 

1. Once you're background is dry, use your white acrylic paint. (keep in mind, you can use white polish, I just prefer the paint) and the small paint brush, and make three curved likes in the corner of your nail. Almost making a miss shapen half circle with the connecting curved lines.

2. Do the same thing as in step one, only make it a little bigger, a little above the first set of lines you made. So you have two half circles made from connecting curved lines, one slightly bigger than the other. 

3. Now you draw two straight lines through from the point of the larger half circle, all the way down to the end of the nail. The points of each set of curved lines should line up pretty well, but they don't have to be perfect. The straight lines should meet at the end of the nail, sort of like your were making an upside down "A" 

4. Both of these steps are optional. But I used my KiloX Opulent Top Coat and put one coat over the nails, then I pressed a little gem stone in the corner of the spider web with it was still wet. 

5. Add top coat, and you're done! Now you have a cute Halloween spider web mani!

What do you think of this look? Did you like the pictorial? Would you like to see more how-tos? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment on the posts below. But lets all play nice together. Don't be rude or hateful towards other commenters or the comments will be deleted. Also try to stay away from leaving links in the comments. If there's something you'd like me to see that relates to the post, then feel free, but don't leave a link to your blog just to advertise.