Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bumble bee nails!

black-and-yellow-and-coral-bumble-bee-nail-art-fimo-cane-flowers
 Hi y'all! I have some cute springy/summer nail art for you all today depending which you'd prefer to call it! I think it could work for both, there's bees out and about during spring and summer! This is something I've wanted to do for a while and just never did get around to it, and now that I finally have? It didn't quite turn out the way I pictured it in my head. It's cute and I love it, but It's not what I expected. The bee Mani's I see from other people always look so much cuter! But anyways, I'll shush and get to the nails. Click through the jump to see more.. 



black-and-yellow-and-coral-bumble-bee-nail-art-fimo-cane-flowers
 I used three coats of Rimmel London Sunny Days on the yellow nails, and three coats of Wet 'N' Wild MegaLast Love Me So Muscles on the coral nails. This one was part of a limited edition collection that I was lucky enough for my mom to pick up for me when she went to walgreens. (Missed out on the yellow and pink ones though most likely) Then I painted on striped over the yellow nails using black acrylic paint. 

Then using the same brush, I painted yellow ovals on each of the coral nails to get the shape of the bees body, then with really then and watered down white acrylic paint, I did the wings. The really watered down paint gives it almost a transparent sort of look, like real bee wings. I added a little tiny bit of black to the white after that to make a very light gray to kinda add some details and highlights to the wings, still with really watered down paint. Pretty much it was almost just water with some color to it, that watered down. 

Then I added the black striped onto the bees body, and the other little details like the legs, and then some little white dots for eyes and wrote BUZZ on one of the yellow striped nails. And I added some fimo cane flowers. Mostly cause they worked with the bees and I've had the canes for quite sometime now and never use them. About time I start, right? Also added some white dots as sort of a 'trail' of where the bees have flown. 
black-and-yellow-and-coral-bumble-bee-nail-art-fimo-cane-flowers

Hope you all enjoyed this look! Let me know in the comments below what you thought, and if there's anything you'd like to see in future posts!

2 comments:

Feel free to leave a comment on the posts below. But lets all play nice together. Don't be rude or hateful towards other commenters or the comments will be deleted. Also try to stay away from leaving links in the comments. If there's something you'd like me to see that relates to the post, then feel free, but don't leave a link to your blog just to advertise.