Sunday, February 10, 2013

Flip Flop February day 10: Fishtail braid/half moon



Today is day 10 of the challenge. Already on day ten, this is going by faster than I thought. but todays theme is fishtail braid or half moons. And I chose half moons, and not because it's easy, but because I'll be honest, I just dont like the braided nail look. At. All. I don't know why. I just don't. But half moons? Love them. And love doing them. So now that that's out of the way, lets get one with the nails. :) click the link below to see the half moon mani i did this time


This is my half moon mani. I pretty much always do the half moons bare. I don't know why I like the look of that better than adding another color, but I do. 

  

 
Apparently.. I forgot to tag some more pictures. Ugh. I swear I had tagged them but whatevs. This is sinful colors Rise and Shine Its a blue-green color and very pretty. It's a bit of an untried, I've only ever put it on the tip of a nail to see what it looked like, never wore it so, yay for using unused polishes! this polish dries VERY fast, almost to the point of making it hard to work with, and it dries to a somewhat matte finish so you should definitely us a top coat if you'd rather have it shiny. It has a slight blue shimmer to it as well. I used this color for the half moon. Then I used acrylic paint in a reddish color and a dotting tool to make the dots. I actually really like the way this one came out. And I'm getting extra wordy right now, so, I think I'll shush :) Hope you all enjoyed todays look!



As a bonus today, since it's sunday, and I've forgotten all about bunday lately. Have a picture of Foofy being cute. Actually this is her 'mom i'm trying to take a bath why do you have that camera in my face' look. but she's still cute either way.





2 comments:

  1. I'm kinda with you on the fishtail braid mani - not my fave look either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't even know what it is about them either, I'm just not a fan. :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment on the posts below. But lets all play nice together. Don't be rude or hateful towards other commenters or the comments will be deleted. Also try to stay away from leaving links in the comments. If there's something you'd like me to see that relates to the post, then feel free, but don't leave a link to your blog just to advertise.