Monday, February 11, 2013

Flip Flop February day 11: Splatter/cocktail nails

Flip Flop February day 11. Today's theme is splatter or cocktail nails. I'm not sure I even know what cocktail nails are? I'm gonna have to look that up after I finish this post. But obviously because of that reason, and because I've been wanting to try it for a while now, I chose to do splatter nails. So, lets get to the nails shall we? Click the link below to see the splatter nails I did for today.



For this look I started with a white base because the pink I chose is a neon sheer kinda pink, so it shows up better over white. I did one thin coat of white, and two coats of LA colors pink (there's no name on the bottle so I don't know the name of the color) over that white. I then took a black and white acrylic paint, watering them down really thin and tapping the brush over my nails to get the splatters, and once those were dry, finished off with  fast drying top coat.

I really like how bright the pink is and love the way the splatters look over it. This colors is actually much more pink than it looks, it's just so bright my camera has a fit and doesn't pick it up right.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment on the posts below. But lets all play nice together. Don't be rude or hateful towards other commenters or the comments will be deleted. Also try to stay away from leaving links in the comments. If there's something you'd like me to see that relates to the post, then feel free, but don't leave a link to your blog just to advertise.