Tuesday, February 19, 2013

flip flop february day 19: wings/outline

the theme for day 19 of this challenge as you see is wings/outline. I've been wanting to try both actually, but to add a little more detail an more of a challenge, for this one I picked wings to do, and assuming it meant butterfly wings, thats just what I did. Click the link below to see today's nails. 


 for this look i started out with a base of wet n wild wild shine sunny side up which is just a pretty basic orange color.

 I then added in a subtle gradient with la colors in an unnamed yellow (it looks a lot like sinful colors pull over and you could probably use that instead if you have it) and I also aded flicker over that which is a really bright neon yellow.
once the base for my wing was done, I painted on the details using a tiny nail art brush and black acrylic paint. I then used a dotting tool and white acrylic paint to add in the white dots. I like the look a lot more than I thought I would, and it was a lot easier than I thought it'd be too. I think it could use a little more practice, but for a first try, I think it looks awesome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment on the posts below. But lets all play nice together. Don't be rude or hateful towards other commenters or the comments will be deleted. Also try to stay away from leaving links in the comments. If there's something you'd like me to see that relates to the post, then feel free, but don't leave a link to your blog just to advertise.