Sunday, February 24, 2013

Flip Flop February day 24: Tissue Paper/Rainbow

 for the challenge, we have tissue paper or rainbow nails. I don't have any tissue paper, although I really want to try that technique, so maybe another time on that one, but I had an idea for rainbows floating around in my head for quite some time now, so I finally had a reason to do it! 
See more of these nails after the link below! 


First off, for these nails, I started with an elmers glue base which you can see more about in a post here and then one coat of la colors cocktail a very lovely pink glitter in different sizes. over that, I used one coat of china glaze fairy dust
I used red, yellow, and blue acrylic paint and a striper brush to make the rainbow, and white polish and a dotting tool for the cloud like tips on each nail. I then outlined the clouds with a tooth pick and a dot of white paint with just a teeny tiny bit of black to make a very light gray just to add a little bit of depth.
Showing my right hand again to show that it is actually easy enough to do even the rainbows on both hands. Plus it's the first time I've done both hands the same since.. well the first couple looks of this challenge, lol. But thats it! Those are my rainbow nails! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment on the posts below. But lets all play nice together. Don't be rude or hateful towards other commenters or the comments will be deleted. Also try to stay away from leaving links in the comments. If there's something you'd like me to see that relates to the post, then feel free, but don't leave a link to your blog just to advertise.